Terms and Conditions
Standard Promotion Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”)
- The tenant must have a valid tenancy agreement of thirty (30) weeks or more (unless stated otherwise) and have paid the rent due under the tenancy agreement, without any outstanding rent or other sums due to us or the landlord to be eligible to receive any incentive or promotion.
- Withdrawal from the tenancy agreement at any point invalidates all promotions and/or offers and any promotional credit paid, or value of goods given, may be recovered either through cash repayment or from the tenant’s deposit.
- For a promotion, offer or other incentive to be valid, the tenant must have complied with all obligations set out in the tenancy agreement or otherwise.
- In order for a promotion, offer or other incentive to be claimed, the relevant, valid, and correct promotional code must be entered by the tenant at the time of booking by either entering the code online or submitting the code to an authorised Homes for Students (“HFS”), Prestige Student Living (“PSL”), EVO Student (“EVO”), Essential Student Living (“ESL”), Urban Student Life (“USL”) and/or UKStudenthouses.com (“UKSH”) employee, who is taking the booking. HFS, PSL, EVO, ESL, USL and UKSH, as well as any other trading name or brand of HFS shall hereby be collectively referred to as HFS. A code submitted after the time of booking will not be valid. HFS accepts no responsibility for codes not received by us.
- If a promotion, offer or other incentive has been claimed and includes the payment of cashback or some other form of financial payment, it is the tenant’s responsibility to ensure the correct payment information is provided to HFS in order for HFS to complete the promotion, offer or other incentive and HFS has no liability for non-payment or non-delivery of any incentive, promotion and/or offer due to incorrect details being provided by the tenant. Any such payments sent to the incorrect bank account will not be recoverable and/or will be subject to a recovery fee.
- HFS will use reasonable endeavours to reach the tenant to request information to allow it to make payment, fulfil the promotion or offer, or apply the discount. If such information is not received, HFS reserves the right to issue an alternative, or withdraw the incentive, promotion and/or offer at its absolute discretion.
- Promotions, offers, or other incentives are non-transferable.
- Goods and vouchers issued by HFS have no value, are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or anything else.
- The time between correctly accepting any promotion, offer or other incentive and it being credited to your account and/or delivered may vary. HFS shall not be liable for any delays in this regard or for any consequences of any delays, which may occur.
- Promotions, offers and/or incentives cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, offer and/or other incentive. Attempting to use multiple promotions, offers and/or incentives can result in all promotions, offers and/or incentives being withdrawn.
- All promotions, offers and/or incentives are subject to availability and HFS has total discretion as to whether to honour a promotion, offer and/or incentive or not.
- HFS reserves the right to amend the Terms, the parameters of any promotion, offer and/or incentive or to discontinue any and all promotions, offers and/or incentives at any time, without notice.
- Claiming any promotion, offer and/or incentive implies acceptance of the Terms.
- Certain promotions, offers and/or incentives are unavailable at certain properties.
- HFS has sole discretion to withhold the payment and/or delivery of any promotion, offer and/or incentive if the Terms have not been complied with, or for any other reason.
Contents Insurance Terms & Conditions
Your contents. Covered.
By partnering with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider, we’ve arranged contents insurance for all our students staying with us in our residence at no cost to you.
It is important all students confirm their cover to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered.
You can do this by downloading the MyEndsleigh app and registering. Once you do this you will be entered into a prize draw to win £50 a week for a WHOLE YEAR!*
Visit MyEndsleigh to:
- View what is and what is not covered
- Get claims support
- Personalise cover
- Access rewards
- Access wellbeing support
Want to know what the app does? Take a look…
*Terms and conditions apply
Booking Terms & Conditions
We may conduct Sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons and other checks on all applicants, tenants, authorised residents, and guarantors.
No Place No Pay
- Prospective first year students who have applied to attend a University or a Higher Education Institution in any of the cities in which HFS operates, and who book a room with HFS, will be allowed to be released from their Tenancy Agreement if, as a result of not achieving the required A-Level, Scottish Higher (or equivalent) results, they do not gain a place at their chosen university and evidence is provided.
- Only new customers who have never lived at a HFS property are eligible.
- If a customer does not gain a place at their chosen University or College and wishes to be released from their Tenancy Agreement, they must provide HFS with evidence of their rejection and evidence of the reason why (proof of results achieved etc) no later than 3 working days after their results day.
- Evidence can be a written rejection letter from the University/College/UCAS, or a screen shot of the customer’s UCAS status along with the results etc. This can be emailed to [email protected] or posted to Homes for Students, The Clock Tower, Longmoor Lane, Fazakerley, Liverpool, L10 1LD.
- Customers who do not apply to be released from their Tenancy Agreement within this timescale and provide the correct evidence will be bound by the terms and conditions set out in the Tenancy Agreement.
No Visa No Pay
- Prospective international students who have applied to attend a University or a Higher Education Institution in any of the cities in which EVO Student operates, and who book a room with HFS, will be allowed to be released from their Tenancy Agreement if they do not receive the entry Visa they require for their study in the UK and evidence is provided.
- Only new customers who have never lived at a HFS property are eligible.
- If a customer does not receive the entry Visa they require for their study in the UK and wishes to be released from their Tenancy Agreement, they must provide HFS with evidence of their refusal of entry to the UK to study no later than 7 days after notification of their refusal.
- Evidence can be a copy of the letter from the Home Office, UK Visas and Immigration service or other official Visa issuing body as well as a letter from the university, sponsor or institution where they were supposed to be studying. It must clearly show the student’s full name, address and date of issue. This can be emailed to [email protected] or posted to Homes for Students, The Clock Tower, Longmoor Lane, Fazakerley, Liverpool, L10 1LD.
- Customers who do not apply to be released from their Tenancy Agreement within this timescale will be bound by the terms and conditions set out in the Tenancy Agreement.
Deferred Payment Policy
Rent is due 14 days before the contract start date if paying in instalments or on 1st August before the contract start date if paying in full in a single instalment, and rent must be paid before a student can move in to the property. It is very important that students communicate any difficulties meeting this obligation to the Property Manager as early as possible to prevent any issues.
If agreed by the Property Manager*, and providing the correct supporting evidence is supplied, students may be allowed to defer the first payment of rent to fit in with student loan schedules, for example.
If agreed, a minimum of 2 weeks’ rent must be paid before the student moves in and any deferment of rent is subject to an admin fee of £50 to set up the deferred payment schedule which will also need to be paid before the student moves in.
Students who rebook their room are able to have their deposits transferred from one year to the next within the Deposit Protection Service. For more information please contact the Sales Team on +44 (0)333 344 2829.
Amenities & Conditions
Superfast Glide 1Gbps Internet Disclaimer
- Wired Base Speed – 1Gbps speed
- A Wireless Base Service providing up to 250Mbps*
- * Wireless speeds are an up to speed and not limited to following dependencies on the environment of the user’s room including the number of devices connected, capability and usage of devices and avoidance of interference from outside factors.
- Please see each individual property page to verify if they use Glide.
Cancelation Terms & Conditions
Our full termination policy is detailed for you within the booking section of our website. Please read it carefully and ensure that you fully understand it.
You can cancel your booking up to 7 days after you accept your offer or pay your deposit (the Initial Cancellation Period), providing you have not already moved in to the property and we will refund your security deposit in full. Deposits will normally be refunded within 28 working days of cancellation, however our legal obligation as a landlord is to secure all deposits with a third party protection scheme. In the event that your deposit has already been sent to the protection scheme by the time you cancel your booking, your refund could take up to 60 days to be refunded due to the protection scheme’s processing period and your deposit refund will come directly from them – you will need your repayment ID which will be sent to you directly by the protection scheme. If the deposit has already been sent to the deposit protection scheme, unfortunately, we are unable to influence their processing time.
If you cancel your booking after the 7 day Initial Cancellation Period, you will remain liable for the weekly rent (for each and every week or part week) until we are able to re-let the room. If we are able to re-let the room we will release you from the agreement upon payment of a £50 variation of contract fee which we will recover by retaining part or all of your deposit. If you have paid a lower deposit amount, that’s the amount that will be retained.
Summer & Short Term Bookings
A summer booking is defined as any booking starting and ending between the 1st June 2021 and 30th September 2021 (inclusive), outside of the normal academic year allocations and pricing structure operated by Homes for Students or Prestige Student Living.
Anyone booking a short stay at a Homes for Students or Prestige Student Living property during the summer period can save up to 20% on our standard pricing.
- 0-4 week stay – Standard Summer Pricing
- 4-6 week stay – Save 10%
- 6 weeks+ – Save 20%
Current students (extending their stay at a Homes for Students or Prestige Student Living property) can save up to 33% (based on our standard pricing) when booking 6 weeks inclusively at their property. Ask a member of the team for more information.
0-6 weeks extension – Save 10% 6+ weeks extension – Save 33%
These summer prices do not include any other incentives or promotions which may or may not be offered separately, and availability can be confirmed by the property teams on enquiry.
Website Terms & Conditions
Photography and Images
The photography/images used to advertise a property on our website are typical of that property. Individual rooms may vary in layout and content may vary in layout and the contents within the rooms. For new properties that are under construction, computer-generated images (CGI) may be used to represent what the property will look like when it is completed. The furnishings shown in photography, images and videos may not always be representative of what is included in the rooms.
If you require more information about a property, please contact us above
Third Party Websites
Homes for Students do not accept responsibility for any errors or incorrect information shown on any website that is not owned and operated by Homes for Students Ltd and as such, are not bound to honour any rates or information displayed on a third party website or social media where it differs from that shown on our own websites.